0

Hoooo! What an experience from a Palarong Pambansa 2011!

Posted by Shyle on 5:57 AM in
We have just arrive from a long travel to Dapitan City and back to our home. It is very enjoyable yet a tiring activity. At this time all of us can't say yet whether to go back to that place again riding in a single motor vehicle or not.

It is my first time to drive a single motor in a 47.18 miles distance place back and forth. I am not confident at first but the qoutations/verses I have read on the billboards along the road give me strength and encouragement to continue our way. The first verse that I couldn't forget is, "Spend time with your family". This verse made me brave in facing the challenges we encountered in travelling. Since it is summer vacation, it is important to give time for our family for when classes begin, all might be very busy. The second one is, "Smile and Be Happy". Despite the hot rays of the sun that struck our skin and the hunger we felt, the qoute also touched our hearts and eased our tiredness.

It's not really easy to drive personally your vehicle in a long distance travel yet the enjoyment we felt coudn't be explained. We reached Dapitan City after 2 hours of travel. However at that time, we hadn't reach yet the place we're looking which is the venue for the Palarong Pambansa 2011. It's very exciting to find a place we don't know because we can feel satisfaction when we find it. At 12 noon, we really had reached Rizal Memorial State University. There are many busy vendors there selling difference souvenir items. There are many young athletes from different regions in the Philippines. And smiling coaches and trainors doing their respective responsibilities.

Dapitan City is a small city yet interesting because of the many tourist spots that have been developed there. We can find Rizal Shrine where Jose Rizal was exiled and it was the first place we'd gone . We took pictures there and view some of the things used by Rizal in the Museom. It is not as awesome as other beautiful places in the Philippines yet it's a nice feeling to recall the good things done by the National Hero to our country and the countrymen during his time. We can find Dakak Beach Resort also in the city, Zip line and Fantasy Land. How I wish to go all of those places there but, the time and money we have will not permit really.

We just watched tennis and badminton game there. The players are all talented and skillful in their even played. However, National Capital Region has more wins. We decided to go home at 5 o'clock after the final game of the badminton because it started to rain already.

There are several things I learned along our way especially in driving. We can really understand better the right things to be done in a careful driving during a firsthand experience. I know that travel is very risky but I trust God more. I always recite in my mind the Bible verse from the book of Psalm chapter 23. When I recite the verse, "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pasture. He leadeth me beside still water. He restoreth my soul, he leadeth me on the path of righteousness for his name sake........................", I can feel that God is guiding us in the right direction.

But unfortunately, when we get nearer to our hometown my single motor interior inside the tire exploded. It seems that we danced in the middle of the road by the vehicle. I tried to run it even the tire was flat. I made a long noise from my vehicle's siren so my brother who was driving his vehicle ahead of us could hear. But he did not. I decided to stop in a curve road near the Provincial Jail at Mobod, Oroquieta City and there they noticed us. My brother managed the driving of my vehicle because I can't handle it anymore. It really danced, hehe....It was funny but risky.

We stopped after 50 meters because the tire of my motor won't run anymore. I bought a new interior using my brother's motor. And I really thanked God that the store was still opening the small window of it to cater late customers. We were all very hungry because it's past 7 o'clock already. We asked help there. And we're fortunate that the residents there are very helpful. One of them changed the interior. Another old man borrowed a device to blow air to the tire's interior. And another man let us borrow their tools. Ohhhh! Another lesson learned in driving especially in a long distance. We really need to be ready all the time, prepare the things that is possible to be needed in times like that, and most importantly, bring money.

My Mother is really right in reminding us not to travel alone in that very far place in order not to get troubles in times of unexpected incident. Thank you Mother and I'm so sorry for not obeying you sometimes. Next time, I will not be hardheaded anymore.

















|

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Tell me what you are thinking...

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright © 2010 A Teacher's Blog All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Layout Edited by OurWorldOfFun | Sitemap