4

Why Teachers Look For A Sideline Business Aside From Teaching?

Posted by Shyle on 6:09 AM in

Many people think that teachers in the Philippines are receiving high salary for their services rendered. But Yes! It is partly true. However, teachers' expenses in the classroom is bigger than the net income received by many teachers now. Most of us spend much in the classroom structuring, landscaping, buying for instructional materials and devices, contributions and own school supplies. All are taken from our salary. It is sad to think but we have no choice. We can't also afford to teach without using instructional materials for we know that there's no good outcome in using traditional teaching strategy especially the CHALK TALK.

Even the unmarried teachers today are dying for the low net pay received. We are shrinking and drowning already to the deepest part of the ocean. We needed a great help. We feel envy with the office personnel wherein all their office supplies are taken from the MOOE. They didn't spend even a single peso for their offices. Even one page they spent for photocopying is charge to school fund. But we, teachers spend hundreds or even thousands of pesos for that. Test papers, stories, pictures, activity sheets and worksheets are taken from our pockets.

Though we are happy and enjoy with what we did and shared to our learners yet, it cannot be avoided to feel this way. We have our own family too. We have our own house that needed to be improved too. However, even the hole of our roofs cannot be fixed due to the shortage of budget. How much more to the teachers who have college students already. I can only feel it because two years from now I can have a college student and this time I am buried with debts already.

I couldn't think of a good reason why I'm buried. But yes, I had bought a motorcycle, desktop and some appliances through lending a money from a bank. But now
, I can't recover yet. This is the reason why I am one of the teachers who looked for a sideline business to go out from the hole where I'm buried. Every afternoon and weekends I bring stocks like pants for men and women, pedals, poloshirts, lotion and others which was sent to me by my friend in Manila. I really felt very tired everytime I went home, but I have to work and find customers to earn additional income.

Business outside from my job is enjoyable too. I really earned additional income but I know the effectiveness of my teaching is not the same as when I am focus with my job as a teacher. There is a little difference but eventhough I am tired always and have a sideline business I still do my best to serve my learners the best food which I cook for them every weekdays days.


|

4 Comments


sis, hindi ba covered ng government ang mga school expenses nyo dyan? dto kasi lahat sagot ng government.... kahit summer vacation we get salary rin all year long kahit di kami nagtuturo...

dapat magvoice out kayo sa new president, maybe he can do something about it... teachers here don't really buy anything for their classroom and if they do they can keep the receipt and ask refund for work expenses...

thanks for sharing that 'cuz it gives me more understanding of what teacher's there are going through..


i worked at deped regional office. it seems that the real payslip was mostly the 3k net income of the teachers hehehe. kawawa talaga.


Your information is too good and very informative also.

Online Document Conversion
Convert To Word
production@jvinfosol.com/


hay naku makabagbag damadaming usapin ito Shyle ... pero sige sabi mu nga magsideline nalang tayo online .. pero kailangan natin ng links... LOL...I’m having a Link Exchange Project, I’m inviting you to join, please visit Petty Things in Life and click the badge to join. Thank You and hope to see you.

Post a Comment

Tell me what you are thinking...

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright © 2010 A Teacher's Blog All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Layout Edited by OurWorldOfFun | Sitemap